Mentorship is a key component of Registered Apprenticeship. As critical players in the successful outcome of an apprenticeship program, mentors provide support, coaching, and guidance to apprentices through their on-the-job learning experiences for excellence in the workplace.
H-CAP developed an innovative Mentorship Training Program that prepares mentors for this important role in collaboration with healthcare unions and employers in New York City and Rhode Island across varied practice settings and occupations. The program’s goals are to:
- Ensure high quality apprentice training by providing mentors with the knowledge, skills, and tools to be successful.
- Support the transfer of knowledge to practical application in the workplace. Mentors have a chance to practice techniques and approaches that support the apprentice while also cultivating intra-departmental leadership and their own personal and professional growth.
- Build reflective learning and critical thinking skills – a highly valued practice in today’s healthcare system. Reflection allows learning from experience, addressing patient issues, and improving professional practice.
H-CAP Mentorship Training Program Resources:
- Mentorship Training Program Facilitator's Guide
- Mentorship Training Program Curriculum (Sessions 1-4)
- Mentorship Training Program Curriculum (Sessions 5-8)
- Mentorship Training Program Handouts
In addition to this, H-CAP hosted a webinar on May 31, 2018 on the Mentorship Training Program and its application to Registered Apprenticeship in Healthcare.
For additional information on the Mentorship Training Program, or how you can customize it to fit your organization, please contact Rebecca Malberg von Loewenfeldt at email@example.com